Welcome to Real Life Style Blog!

Can changing your wardrobe really change your life? Of course it can! Imagine how light and powerful you would feel if 100% of the clothes in your closet were the right clothes for you right now. Imagine that your wardrobe reflected both your personality and your personal style, while suiting your lifestyle. That, ladies and gentlemen, is called Real Life Style. Want to be able to look and feel put together in just 2 minutes a day? You can.

Click here for more information about how you can work with Lani and click here to schedule your free consultation. Because fashion should be an outlet for fun, not frustration!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Why (Almost) Every Girl in Yoga Class is Wearing Lululemon

If you are like me, and I'm sure you are not, you use your yoga class as a chance to check out other practitioners' outfits. I'm fascinated by what some consider practical and comfortable (loose cotton pants vs. black spandex), or stylish (matchy-matchy colors or all black), and how what one wears is indicative of a comfort level with the body.

I've always been aware that the more in-shape I feel and look, the tighter and smaller my yoga clothes become. However, no matter how good I've felt, even at the age of 25, I would never ever EVER consider baring my midriff. My version of daring is a tank top and shorts versus my usual short-sleeve tee and capri length yoga pants. Then I started taking yoga class with women in bathing suits. Allow me to explain...

Have you ever been to a Hot or Bikram yoga class? Hot yoga is hot but Bikram is like practicing yoga inside a furnace for 90 minutes. With every class I am more comfortable in fewer clothes, regardless of how I look. That is because you POUR sweat in these classes. A lot of men wear actual bathing suits and the women wear what look like bathing suits in order to stay as cool as possible. This got me thinking, what could one wear to stay as cool and comfortable as possible, while not baring all?

But I digress. The point here is that at some juncture in my yoga practice, I looked around and realized that 9 out of 10 people in any yoga class (men and women) were wearing something Lululemon, and I was person number 10! Having begun my practice before Lululemon became the gold standard of yoga clothing; I had just continued to do my own thing with regards to my yoga "wardrobe". I mean, what you are wearing is really not the point, right? However, staying cool and comfortable is always helpful and Lululemon has the right fabric combined with the best fit in the industry. This is why they sold over a billion dollars in merchandise last year and sell 95% of it at full price. That was not a typo. A billion dollars' worth of yoga clothes.... Yes, women will pay and do anything for pants that make their butt look good and that are cute enough to wear when not exercising. This is what Lululemon does best.

Lululemon's "exercise" clothes are so stylish and comfortable; it is getting hard to make some of my Mom clients wear anything else. I mean, why confront the denim monster post-baby when you could just live in Lululemon pants? The answer to that question is a whole other blog post and why I have such a successful business!

Here are a few of my favorite Lululemon pieces and suggestions on how to wear them.

Hot But Not Tank, $64.00
An interesting alternative to wearing a sports bra alone. Check out the back of this tank to see the genius of its shape.

Wandering Yogi Tank, $48.00
The perfect after-class layer over a skimpy or tight tank.

Cool Racerback, $48.00
I can alway tell when a woman is wearing a pre-baby tank by how short it is. Invest in some longer ones, please!

No Limits Tank, $64.00
Love the "loosey-goosey in the belly" property of this tank!

Turbo Run Shorts, $54.00
Shorts that keep you cool without looking like underwear. Check out how cute the tush is too!

Daily Gym Bag, $108.00
An gym bag nice enough to carry around the rest of the day.

Namaste Yoga Tote III, $38.00
You know I couldn't resist the neon of this mat bag!











1 comment:

  1. It’s important to wear proper clothes when doing yoga or any kind of exercise. Wearing the proper attire will allow you to do the moves easily and freely. By the way, those tops look good! I’ll consider buying one soon.

    -Saundra Cortese

    ReplyDelete